Recipe Madness

Post your recipes here, and let's share some good food!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Sweet Potatoes in Orange Sauce

Just in time for the holidays...whenever someone asks me for a recipe I stick it here. That way I only have to type it in once! This recipe used to be in older Betty Crocker cookbooks -- but it's not in mine (1980 ed). I usually abbreviate my recipes as follows c: cup; T: tablespoon; t:teaspoon

6 med sweet potatoes
2/3 c sugar
1 T cornstarch
1 t salt
1/2 t grated orange peel
1 c orange juice (use odwalla fresh squeezed)
2 T butter

Heat oven to 400 deg. Pare sweet potatoes; cut lengthwise in half. Arrange in ungreased 1 1/2 casserole. In saucepan stir sugar, cornstarch, salt and orange peel. Slowly stir in orange juice. Add butter. Cook, stirring constantly until thick. Boil & stir 1 min. Pour over sweet potatoes; cover; bake 1 hr, basting occaisionally.

Here's a another version with brown sugar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home